Banana: a simple, reliable, and nourishing fruit. Good to eat raw or cooked. What I love about cooked banana is its natural sweetness. Pair it up with a sharp cheddar and you get a great dessert in no time.
This dish is Jeff’s favorite. I had written about it a while back, but this time I grilled it on a stove top instead of inside the oven.
Here’s all you need:
- 4-6 bananas (find ones that still have greenish color near the stem)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Peel the bananas and slice and cut in half (1 banana into 4 cuts)
- Heat up a non-stick pan, low to medium heat
- Add butter and let it sizzle
- Add bananas and let them cook until the bottom part turn into golden color, flip them over (about 1 — 2 minutes each side)
- Turn off the stove, move the bananas to a plate, sprinkle the shredded cheddar on top