Hello again blog! It has been too long. Here is one to add to the list of favorites: Sambal Ijo, green chili sambal, my mom’s recipe. The spicy condiment is a perfect company for poultry, seafood, or meat dishes that are served with rice.
With peppers growing in the garden, I have plenty of supply to make the condiment. Here is how I did it:
* 5 cayenne (or hot fingers or jalapeno or serrano peppers)
* 2 shallots
* a dash of salt
* 2 tablespoon of canola oil
* Heat up a frying pan (medium heat)
* Chop peppers and shallots
* Add oil to the pan and cook the peppers and shallots until they wilt, add salt. Set aside to cool down
* Once it is cool, I make it into a rough puree using a food processor.
* Serve with the main dishes