Summer is here! Time for me to make things a lot simpler in the kitchen and be outdoor as much as possible. Found a recipe that represents simplicity and deliciousness: layers of zucchini, tomato sauce, cheese, and rustic bread. I mean, who doesn’t like bread and cheese together? Add some summer produce like tomatoes and zucchini and develop a fantastic lasagna. Here’s my adapted version:
- 3 medium zucchini (place in boiling water until they are tender and then slice thinly lengthwise)
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 4 small tomatoes (sliced)
- 3 garlic (chopped)
- A teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 loaf of rustic bread (sliced)
- In a small saucepan, cook the slices of tomatoes and garlic together until they dissolve into watery sauce. Add a can of tomato sauce (add herbs that you like here: oregano, basil, etc.) and a little bit of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Start layering the lasagna in a medium deep pan: spread the tomato sauce on the bottom of the pan, cover with slices of bread, more tomato sauce, top with slices of zucchini, more tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Repeat until everything is used up.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Original recipe: Lydia’s Italy Zucchini and Country Bread Lasagna