“Make me sweet again, fragrant, fresh and wild, and thankful for any small gesture.” -Rumi-
Speaking of sweet, fragrant, fresh and wild, here’s another easy side dish recipe. Thought I’d share before 2013 ends. Happy 2014 to all, may our new year be sweet and filled with gratitude.
The fresh, cute, and candy-like grape tomatoes always make wonderful salad and snack. A recent eat-out at, an oldie but goody, Italian restaurant gave me a delicious alternative on how to enjoy them: roast and drizzle them with balsamic! Oh, how they became even sweeter!
Here’s how I did it:
- 10 oz. of grape tomatoes (halved)
- 4 garlic (whole or minced doesn’t matter)
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar (add more if you want)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place the halved tomatoes and garlic on a baking sheet, drizzle them with olive oil, sprinkle a little bit of salt, and mix with both hands
- Roast for 15 minutes
- Let them cool down for a five minutes
- Place them in a bowl and drizzle with balsamic vinegar
- Optional: Make it peppery by adding arugula!
- Great to serve together with Spaghetti ala Puttanesca and Roasted Portobello with Breadcrumbs
Thanks for stopping by…
Other source of recipe idea: Roasted Grape Tomatoes Recipe by Claire Robinson