A wholesome salad makes a great power-booster lunch. The other day, I was in the mood for quinoa. So, I combined it with a mix of sliced avocado, smoked salmon, red bell pepper, and cayenne pepper that I dressed in lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, and a little bit of honey. The taste of smoked salmon mixed with creamy avocado, crunchy peppers, and nutty quinoa blended well with the tangy and sweet vinaigrette. What a party in a salad bowl!
Here’s my ingredient list:
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of chicken stock (or water)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 slices of smoked salmon (sliced)
- 1 cayenne pepper (chopped)
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- I followed the quinoa cooking instruction on its package: bring it to a boil with two cups of chicken stock and lower the heat to let it simmer for 15 minutes in a covered pot
- In a medium bowl, I whisked lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, and honey together to make the dressing
- Mixed the avocado, salmon, and peppers with the dressing. Cover and chill in the fridge
- Let the quinoa cool down for a bit, place in a salad bowl, and topped with the avocado, salmon, and peppers
Great for bring-lunch-to-work menu (keep it chilled) or as a meal after an exercise.
Have a great weekend, all!