Whoa! Is it really the end of August already? What a fleeting summer it has been! It sure has been great one too though, thank goodness! Jeff and I have been hanging out and catching up with friends, staying outside, hiking, cycling, camping, swimming, and of course…grilling! I think I may have gone grill crazy this summer. I have done: lobster tail, shrimp, steak, lamb chops, chicken satay, burgers, eggplant, peppers, asparagus, and the list can go on. Yet, I still can’t get enough of grilling :).
Speaking of grilling, here’s another recipe I’d like to share: Beef Chorizo Mini Burger (I’ve also done the Beef Chorizo Sloppy Joe). Yes, I LOVE chorizo‘s seasonings, which definitely adds a little zing to the meat. It’s got smokiness, fantastic aroma, and spiciness. Yumm! Normally, chorizo comes in a form of a sausage. But since I wanted to make a beef burger with chorizo seasonings, I tweaked this recipe I found online and made it fit my plan.
I followed the original recipe (click here: Mexican Chorizo Sausage Recipe) with minor adjustments such as:
- I substituted pork with ground beef. I think ground turkey would be great too.
- I did not have ground cloves at the time so I went without.
As directed, I:
- Mixed the ground beef with smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic, salt, ground pepper, oregano, coriander, cumin, distilled white vinegar, and water.
- Sealed it in a ziplock bag and refrigerated it for a few hours
- Made it into mini burger patties, grilled, and served them with sweet dinner roll
Note: If you prefer to have the chorizo burger to be on the milder side, do three tablespoon of paprika and one tablespoon of chili powder (instead of two for each).
Thanks for reading and I hope you’re having a great day wherever you are!