I may have found a summer favorite. Inspired by Ina Garten’s recipe (minus the yogurt mint sauce), I decided to experiment with a couple of lamb shoulder chops a few weeks ago. The amazing result has made me repeat this recipe a couple of times already. The marinade’s combination of rosemary, oregano, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and red wine work so well together in creating such a succulent grilled lamb.
I followed the recipe’s ingredient list but adjusted a few things:
- Instead of using rack of lamb, I used lamb shoulder chops
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 tablespoon of red wine
- 2 sprigs of rosemary (fresh from the garden, yay!)
- A dash of dried oregano
- Mix all of the above in a big zip lock bag. Please make sure that all ingredients coat the lamb nicely. Leave the bag in the fridge and let the chops marinate for half a day or overnight.
- Fire up the grill and, as Ina Garten’s recipe suggests, add salt and pepper on the lamb. Then let them sizzle on a medium-high heat grill for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with my Sweet and Spicy Corn Salad and Tomato Salad. Hmm…insanely good!