Yesterday, I posted an article about my turkey mini burger with a mention of halibut mini burgers that I also did. Though Jeff and I love a good meaty and juicy beef burgers, we also enjoy other kinds. We take pleasure in having food variety. It definitely makes mealtime a lot more exciting. So here’s another alternative to the regular beef burger.
Spring has returned to earth. It definitely came back a lot earlier this year. The warmer air and bright sun create a perfect strolling weather to check out blossoms all around. Spring also means the start of grilling season for us. I love grilling outside. (Well, actually, Jeff does a lot of the grilling in our little patio 🙂 ) Recently, I made this delicious, light but yet filling, halibut mini burgers along with my turkey mini burgers. Halibut is definitely one of my favorite white fish. I enjoy its mild flavor and its substantial but fluffy texture. A perfect selection for my mini burger.
- 2 large fillets of halibut (divide into 4 servings)
- Olive oil to coat the fillets
- A sprinkle of ginger powder
- A sprinkle of dried rosemary
- Lemon juice (from half a lemon)
We will also need 4 burger buns or dinner rolls
Sauce (inspired by Rachael Ray’s)
- 2 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of dill
- 1 teaspoon of chopped pickle
- Lemon juice (from half of a lemon)
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha hot sauce
- Mix the fish with all ingredients, cover with plastic wrap, and let marinate in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- In a small bowl, mix mayo, mustard, dill, chopped pickle, lemon juice, and Sriracha for the sauce. Refrigerate until the fish is ready.
- Spray the grill with olive oil so that the fish won’t stick
- Grill the fish for 5 minutes on each side
- Grill the buns/rolls for a minute or two
- Spread the sauce on the top and bottom of the buns/rolls and drizzle a little on the fillet. Add cheese if you prefer. Stack up the burger.
- Serve with roasted sweet peppers with artichoke hearts salad