I think food variety is key to exciting meals. So I try to expand our home-cooking menus. Thankfully, Jeff and I are pretty open to enjoying various types of food. It definitely makes cooking and eating to be a lot more fun.
One day the mood for burgers happened to strike me. Jeff and I both love a good burger. This time though, instead of going to our usual burger joint that night, I decided to make the burger. We just had a beef dish the day before so I thought of other meat alternatives to make a delicious burger. Turkey immediately came to mind followed by a meaty fish, like halibut. Couldn’t choose which one to make, I decided to do two mini burgers: turkey and halibut. I added roasted sweet peppers with artichoke hearts as the side salad. (Next posts: Halibut Burger and Roasted Sweet Peppers with Artichoke Hearts)
Ingredients for Turkey Burger:
- 1 ½ pounds of lean ground turkey
- Ginger powder
- Chili powder
- A teaspoon of minced garlic
- Green onions (chopped the white area and discard the green part)
We will also need:
- 7 burger buns or dinner rolls
- 7 slices of cheddar cheese
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 2 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- A sprinkle of dill leaves
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha hot sauce
- In a big bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the burger and make five to seven patties from the mixture (depending on how big you want the patties to be)
- In a smaller bowl, mix the ingredients for the sauce. Cover with a plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator until the burgers are ready to serve.
- Grill the patties for seven minutes on each side.
- Place the cheese on top of the patties when they’re almost done.
- Warm up the buns or rolls on the grill for a minute or two.
- Spread the sauce on the top and the bottom of the buns, drizzle a little on the patties, and stack the burgers.
- Serve with roasted sweet peppers and artichoke hearts salad.