I love these mini meatballs. They are great to serve as appetizers or to enjoy with pasta. Best of all, they are easy to prepare.
- 1/2 pound of ground sirloin
- 1/2 pound of ground turkey
- 2 slices of bread (whatever kind you have to make toast: white, whole wheat, etc)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 bunch of asparagus (blanched)
In a big bowl, mix ground sirloin, ground turkey, egg, ginger, garlic, black pepper, chili powder, and salt. Dampen the bread with drinking water and mix them well with the other ingredients. With two hands, massage the mixture together until everything gets incorporated. Preheat oven to 350. Using your hands, shape the meatballs and place on a baking tray. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Serve with the asparagus and pour a little tomato pasta sauce on top of them.
For tomato sauce recipe, please see: